3 Cheese Macaroni & Cheese
Say cheese! With winter officially in full swing, we can’t think of a better recipe to celebrate the cold months than with creamy 3 Cheese Macaroni and Cheese. This macaroni and cheese recipe uses three different cheeses (awesome!), and is made only in five easy steps. Kids will love the creamy and hearty taste of the dish, while parents will breathe a sigh of relief that this recipe is not only delicious, but quick and easy as well.
5 C Elbow Macaroni
2 C Cheddar Cheese*
1 C Parmesan Cheese*
2 C Mozzarella Cheese*
1-2 T Smoked Paprika
2-3 cans Evaporated Milk
*Remember, you can never have too much cheese!!!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente.
3. Cool and drain the macaroni in a colander.
4. In a lightly greased Baking dish, 12 inches long, 10 inches wide, 4 inches deep, layer the macaroni, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and sprinkle the smoked paprika. Repeat the layering using any remaining cheese and paprika for the top, then pour the evaporated milk evenly over the top.
5. Cover with lightly greased foil for 45 minutes, then remove the foil and cook until golden brown on top.
This is a recipe from our friend Chef Scott Davis, The Culinary Dude who teaches awesome cooking classes to families, parents and kids in Los Altos, Sacramento, Napa, Healdsburg, Los Angeles, Sausalito and San Francisco. For more information email Scott Davis or visit TheCulinaryDudeonTour.com or TheCulinaryDude.com for more details.
Let us help you be the rock star mom (or dad) we know you are! Sign up for our picks for the best things to see, do, eat and explore with your kids.