Let’s not undervalue the importance of taking care of ourselves.
If you are a mom who does #allthethings and you are having trouble remembering the last time you did something for you, then it might be time to take a few minutes for you.
Because you can’t give what you don’t have. In other words, in order to take care of others, you must take care of yourself FIRST.
Plus, you deserve it!
Self-care looks different for everyone. And, I like to divide all self-care into four categories: Mind, Body, Soul, and Self.
So, here are some simple ideas for you to get back to taking care of yourself and making yourself a priority again.
1. Read a few pages in a personal development book.
2. Spend some time journaling.
3. Write down three affirmations.
4. Create a vision board.
5. List ten gratitude statements.
6. Watch an inspirational video.
7. Take a few minutes to read part of a fiction story.
8. Learn how to do something new.
9. Paint something.
10. Walk around a museum for an afternoon.
11. Create a piece of pottery.
12. Sketch a picture of your favorite scenery.
13. Take a walk around your neighborhood.
14. Go on a hike.
15. Make yourself a healthy meal.
17. Go to bed early.
18. Sleep in.
19. Treat yourself to a healthy dessert.
20. Plant some flowers.
21. Ride a bike.
22. Play a game of mini-golf.
23. Go for a swim.
26. Count your breaths up t0 10 and then back to zero.
27. Practice Yoga.
28. Take a nap.
29. Say three affirmations aloud.
30. Watch the sunrise.
31. Watch the sunset.
32. Listen to some music.
33. Play some music.
34. Light some scented candles and relax.
35. Diffuse some essential oils.
36. Listen to a guided meditation.
37. Say no to something that you don’t want to do, without explaining yourself.
38. Celebrate YOU.
39. Make yourself a cup of tea.
40. Look through pictures that make you smile.
41. Get your hair done.
42. Give yourself an at-home facial.
43. Give yourself a pedicure.
44. Go window shopping. Alone.
45. Take an impromptu day trip to the beach.
46. Try something new.
47. Go to the spa.
48. Buy yourself a new outfit.
49. Wear perfume.
50. Take a bath.
51. Have lunch with a friend.
Self-care doesn’t have to take a long time or cost a lot of money. I like to recommend taking 15 minutes per day to invest in you. The key is to take this time without interruptions or distractions.
Let me know in the comments below how you take care of yourself, and if you try any of my ideas!