Photo: Carissa Rogers via Flickr
This month it’s all about the money! Everyone’s fascinated by money, and we want to hear how other families spend theirs.
During the month of April, we want to hear your perspective on finances: do you budget? How much does your family make, and what do you spend it on? How do you teach your kids about money and budgeting? We want you to share your story here on Spoke.
We’re looking for unique stories! Think outside the box – we want to be laughing until our sides hurt or inspired to see things from a slightly different perspective. Our editors will select three original stories as featured articles, and the writers of those stories will earn $100. Winners are selected based on the quality of writing, originality, and number of page views received.
Need some writing inspiration? Consider one of these topics:
- Why I Prefer to Shop at Goodwill Than Retails Stores
- Our Family Budget: Here’s How We Spend Our Money
- How I Teach My Kids the Value of a Dollar
- No, You Can’t Have What You Want at Target and Here’s Why
- Why I Refuse to Buy Expensive Twinkle Toes Shoes for My Kids
- Here’s How My Family is Getting Out of Debt
- What I Tell My Kids When We Can’t Afford all the School Activities
- How My Ex and I Co-Parent on a Budget
- Why I Don’t Give My Kids an Allowance
If you’re willing to tell us about your budget, use this as a guideline:
- Are you a single or dual household income?
- Number of Kids & their ages
- Paycheck Amount (after takes)
- Monthly Expenses
- Housing Costs
- Loan Payments
- All Other Monthly Expenses (Internet, Netflix, Utilities, Phone Bill, etc)
Ready to join the conversation? Submit your story today! Use the article code “april” if you’re submitting an original post.
Do you have a previously-published post you’d like to share on Spoke? We want to read it! While previously-published stories are not eligible to receive the $100 prize, they do qualify for incentive pay. We’d love to include your posts on Spoke and possibly share it with our readers.