Artichokes will become your kids’ new favorite food after taking a bite of this savory artichoke pie. With gooey cheese, flaky pie crust and soft and chewy artichokes we bet you can even sneak in other veggies or protein when you whip up this kid-approved dish.
One pre-made crust and top crust
2 eggs, 1 yolk for egg wash (optional)
1/4 cup parmesan
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 package frozen artichoke hearts
Salt & Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 350
2. Defrost frozen artichokes (this can be done in the morning before school) and cut defrosted artichokes into bite-sized pieces with scissors.
3. Sautee in garlic and oil, season with salt and pepper to taste (easy on the salt, as there is a lot of cheese) and let cool slightly.
4. Mix eggs, cheeses, and hearts in large bowl.
5. Add to bottom crust and cover with top crust (cover with egg wash if desired).
6. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until golden-brown
This delicious recipe comes to us courtesy of the Vano family in Yonkers, NY.