Whether your chicken is baked, pan fried or slow cooked, you don’t have to sacrifice flavor to satisfy your picky eaters. In this recipe from Rachel Matthews of A Southern Fairy Tale the chicken tenders are baked with a crust of Corn Flakes and parmesan cheese, which adds a new element of texture and flavor to this kid-favorite classic.
6 Tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Honey Mustard
1 lb, boneless skinless chicken tenders
1 1/2 C cornflakes, finely crushed
1/4 C grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Pre-heat Oven to 425°F
2. In a small bowl, combine low-fat mayonnaise and Honey Mustard – whisk and divide in half
3. Place one half of the Honey Mustard/Mayonnaise mixture in the fridge (covered, for dipping)
4. Crush the cornflakes (in a food processor, a plastic bag with a rolling pin, however you get them crushed/processed) and mix them with the Parmesan Cheese and place in a shallow dish.
5. Toss the chicken tenders in the Honey Mustard/Mayonnaise mixture to coat and then dip them in the cornflakes/parmesan mixture until fully coated.
6. Place on a wire rimmed/vented broiler tray over a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked, do not overcook)
8. Serve with the other half of the sauce for dipping.
Rachel Matthews is a proud mother of two eight generation Texan children. She is the founder of Southern Fairytale which acts as a food blog and journal. For more information on Rachel and her blog, visit ASouthernFairytale.com