If your kids love pasta but you want to change up your dinnertime routine, try out this baked ziti. Make it ahead of time and bake it when needed. From the refrigerator, the dish usually needs an additional 15 minutes of cooking time.
1 pound dry ziti pasta
1 finely chopped onion
1 lb ground beef
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
8 slices of provolone cheese
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook about 8-9 minutes; drain.
2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, heat through, then remove from heat.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking oil spray.
4. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, 1/2 of the sauce, Provolone cheese, sour cream, remaining ziti, remaining sauce, mozzarella cheese. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted. Cover with foil for the first 15-20 minutes of baking, then remove foil so the cheese will melt and the top will brown.
Do your kids like baked ziti?
recipe courtesy of Sisters’ Gourmet