Raise your hand if you love chicken wings! Now, raise your other hand if you don’t eat them as much as you’d like because of the mess and calories. These Buffalo Chicken Bites are the answer you’ve been hoping for. Crispy, crunchy, and full of spicy flavor, these bites will satisfy all your cravings. These are a must for family movie nights, parties, and of course for watching any and all sporting events. Try them and you’ll be hooked too!
2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (or finely chopped)
1/4 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce (use less for milder flavor)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or your favorite all natural blue cheese dressing
24 wonton wrappers
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place chicken, hot sauce, and butter in a medium mixing bowl and stir together using a wooden spoon.
3. Spread out individual wonton wrappers onto a baking sheet.
4. Spoon about one tablespoon of the chicken mixture into each wonton wrapper, keeping the chicken to one side so that you can fold the other side over the top. Sprinkle on a little blue cheese (or drizzle a little blue cheese dressing) over the chicken in each wonton wrapper.
5. Dip your finger in water and outline the edge of 2 wonton wrappers. Fold wonton wrapper over the filling with edges touching. Push edges together to seal. Spray lightly with olive oil.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Let cool for about 5 minutes before eating.
Susan Schuman is a working mom with two small kids and a hungry husband. She writes Our Family Eats to share ideas for fun, wholesome meals that anyone can fit into their hectic schedule. You can connect with Susan on Twitter @ourfamilyeats.