There’s no manual for having a baby … but there are shortcuts you need to know! These forehead-smackingly smart solutions (created by other stumped parents) address everything from bath time to teething and help make pregnancy and childrearing easier. Pass on these pearls of wisdom to other newbie mamas and papas. Who is the brilliant parent now?
1. Keep rubber ducky at arms reach by plopping it (and the baby) in a laundry basket. Bonus: The basket prevents baby bums from sliding around in a slippery tub.
photo: David via flickr
3. Mosquitos have a thing for cute, squishy baby fat. The little buggers don’t stand a chance with this insider tip: A crib sheet placed on top of your outdoor playpen.
4. Until all highchairs come with a hook on the back for bib storage, stick a self-adhesive hook on it and call it a day.
5. Tired of baby snot-covered tissues strewn around the house or stuffed into your pockets? Rubberband a tissue box to an empty tissue box for a convenient mini-waste basket.
6. Baby leg warmers are so cute, practical and easy to make! Cut the feet off of a pair of grownup knee-high socks, fold the raw edge over and stitch it closed. Voila!
7. When your bambino starts opening cabinets before you’ve invested in locks, bide your time by slipping cookie cutters over them.
9. Part scooter. Part stroller. What’s not to love about this Austria-designed Roller Buggy?
10. This snap-on hoodie (that is for sale!) makes wearing a baby on chilly days cozier — especially for you! The front cuddle pocket keeps hands toasty when your coat pockets are covered.
11. Soothe a teething baby’s gums by letting them gnaw on a pacifier pop. Pour milk or water into an ice tray, dunk pacifiers in and let them freeze.
photo & idea from The Johnston’s
12. Some babies require as many creams, ointments and potions as their beauty product-obsessed moms. Keep it all organized by stashing it in the pockets of an over-the-door shoe organizer.
photo from Project Nursery
Did we miss a cool parenting solution? Tell us about it in the Comments section below.
Like what you read? Sign up for Red Tricycle’s Bump + Baby edition that offers all of the best products, style, services and creative ideas to get the most out of your pregnancy and early stages of life. Click here to sign-up!
— Ayren Jackson-Cannady