“The main considerations for sippy cup materials include food & fall safety, appeal, easy cleaning, and durability. Silicone, polypropylene, stainless steel, and glass are safer materials recommended for kids.
- Polypropylene with embedded graphics is good overall
- Plain stainless steel offers many excellent properties, but it poses a greater fall hazard, and isn’t very appealing to kids
- Painted stainless is more appealing, but toddlers can teethe on or eat flaking paint
- Glass has many excellent properties, but it poses a greater fall hazard, and shards can be ingested or cause lacerations
- Silicone is the superior rubber material for straws, spouts, and valves