Do friends and family rave about how awesome your tips on what to do, where to eat and picture perfect places are? Do parent pals with kiddos ages 0-10 love to see what you’ve done for the weekend? If you’re all about sharing the ins and outs of being a Chicago parent, then Red Tricycle wants you!
We’re looking for talented Chicago-based writers to join our team and contribute stories to our Chicago metro market. Ideal candidates should:
• Have a firm grasp of the English language, excellent grammar and punctuation skills and have the ability to adapt their writing style to the Red Tricycle editorial brand.
• Able to edit and turn around stories quickly.
• Is well connected with Chicago parent groups. A plus if you’re active and engaged on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
• Part of a creative writing and/or blogging community with published work (either print or online).
• Possess an intense curiosity and excitement to explore the city and dig deep (both online and in the real world) to find off-the-beaten-path story ideas and insider tips.
About Red Tricycle:
We believe the best memories are created when families do fun things together and we believe every day is an opportunity to create new stories. Today, over 1 million parents in 9 US cities turn to Red Tricycle to discover cool things to see, eat and do with their kids via our curated, highly-actionable content.
To apply email your resume, a writing sample and two of your best story ideas to maria (at) redtri.com with “Chicago Freelance Writer” in the subject line.