Chicken nuggets take on a whole new fun form in this recipe from Brooke McLay of Cheeky Kitchen. Use cookie cutters to transform these homemade nuggets that are baked and not fried. Fill us in below to tell us how your chicken and veggie nuggets turned out.
1/2 lb ground chicken
1 package thawed veggie
2 c panko bread crumbs
1 tsp of onion salt
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine veggies and egg in a blender, and blend until pureed.
3. Combine puree, chicken and onion salt into a large bowl and mix together with fork.
4. Spread a thin layer of panko crumbs on a large cutting board.
5. Flatten chicken mixture over the crumbs until it is 1/2 inch thick.
6. Sprinkle more crumbs, salt and pepper on top.
7. Use a cookie cutter to create fun shapes.
8. Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray.
9. Place nuggets on cookie sheet and bake for 14 to 16 minutes.
What are your thoughts on this recipe? Did your kids like it?
Photo and recipe courtesy of Brooke McLay of Cheeky Kitchen