Red Tricycle is currently seeking a full-time Content Marketing Copywriter and Editor. You will scale and maintain our Spoke Contributor Network and lend your expert copywriting skills to our social, email, and web channels. You will have an editorial sensibility, marketing know-how and a passion for community-building.
The ideal candidate will have a keen understanding of what inspires and motivates writers and bloggers, the ability to identify what’s trending in the parenting space (what’s new, what’s cool, what people will click on), and a passion to build and maintain our robust community of active Spoke writers. You’ll be metrics-driven (we’ll provide goals your first week on the job), and thrive on analyzing numbers to improve content performance.
As master copywriter, you’re a pro wordsmith who can write engaging copy that’s a balance between being compelling, but still in our brand voice. You believe words are powerful and your words will ultimately drive higher engagement via our social, web and email channels.
This is a full-time, work-from-home (huzzah!) position.
• Recruit and mentor unpaid writers across multiple content verticals
• Source writers and content through the use of LinkedIn, networking, mom groups, personal referrals, Medium, HuffPo Parents, Washington Post Parents and other potential sources (read: you’ll be active on Facebook and social media channels)
• Onboard contributors through our custom CMS. Editorial coordination and production work won’t bother you.
• Approve content using our custom CMS. You will be comfortable editing and providing feedback to writers on headlines and copy, both for context and grammar
• Work with our Editorial Director and Marketing Director to adhere to our brand edit calendar and source content that fits in with the month or week’s theme.
• Maintain and analyze our Spoke Contributor Network metrics dashboard and analyze the numbers to better improve content performance.
• Keep current contributors engaged; You will build community and excitement about Spoke via email and our Facebook group. You will be our contributors’ ultimate champion, encouraging them to keep posting and giving directions on what to post (and what not to).
• Write engaging copy (while still maintaining our brand voice) for our social channels and emails.
• Write timely stories for social and web that pertain to trending topics in the parenting space.
• Be a brand ambassador. You’ll need to know our brand and brand voice inside and out, including what makes a great story for Red Tricycle and what doesn’t fit our mold.
• A Bachelor’s Degree and 3 to 5 years of related digital editorial work experience
• You’ve been a copywriter for a digital media company that moves fast
• Managed a team of remote writers. You’re a whiz at communication with contributors all over the country; not afraid to pick up the phone when necessary to provide detailed feedback or encouragement
• Incredibly detail-oriented and eager to get back to freelancers and full-time candidates in a timely fashion
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially interdepartmentally and digitally (our team is distributed, which means we exclusively communicate online and via phone/web hangouts)
• Ability to efficiently manage competing priorities across various verticals/channels
• Pre-existing network of writers, editors, and photographers a plus
• Experience with editorial contracts and matters involving intellectual property a plus
About Red Tricycle
Red Tricycle fuels the parenting universe with daily inspiration for family fun. We believe the best memories are created when families do fun things together and we believe every day is an opportunity to create new stories. Our mission is to help every parent feel like a rock star by inspiring them to do fun things with their kids. Each month Red Tricycle reaches 20 million parents with ideas that are aspirational and actionable that you can do at home, in your city or wherever your adventures take you.
Submit your resume and cover letter to Editor AT redtri.com with “Content Marketing Copywriter and Editor” in the subject line.