Glover Park’s position between family-friendly AU Park and bustling Georgetown makes it appealing for parents looking for the best of both worlds. With access to a new playground, awesome restaurants, and even hiking trails, it’s easy to see why more families are calling this part of D.C. home. Here are 12 signs that you’re making the most of Glover Park family life.
Photo: Takver via Flickr
- Everyone in the family’s got a green thumb thanks to your community garden plot.
- To your kid, Wisconsin is a street, not a state.
- Guy Mason Park is like “Cheers”–everyone knows your (and your kid’s) name.
4. Forget overalls and onesies, preppy favorites like polos and pinafores are mainstays in your wee one’s wardrobe
5. Co-op registration day makes the college admission process look like a breeze.
6. Your local library is home to a park (and a great sledding hill!).
Photo: Stoddert Soccer
7. Two Words: Stoddert Soccer.
8. Your little foodie loves samosas and sushi thanks to your neighborhood’s array of restaurants.
9.Your baby’s first hike was on the Glover Archbold Trail.
Photo: Harmony D. via Yelp
10. Glover Park Day is your favorite day of the year.
11. There’s no Metro stop nearby, but the Metro bus lines get your brood everywhere from the office to museums and monuments.
12. You’ve both bought and sold kids’ gear on the Glover Park listserv.
What else makes Glover Park parenthood unique? Let us know in the comments below.