Are your tykes bored of the same old, same old? Check out our kid-friendly recipe for crockpot pizza. Though it may sounds silly, little tummys will love this yummy recipe which includes all their favorite ingredients including noodles, cheese and pepperoni. Parents will love the simplicity of one-pot cooking. Got an adventurous kid? Add some broccoli, fresh or sundried tomatoes and green peppers to customize your pie!
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.
In a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, spread a third of the meat sauce. Cover with a third of the noodles and pepperoni. Sprinkle with a third of the cheese. Repeat layers twice.
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted.