Who wants to wait a whole year to celebrate? Not us! Party like it’s your kids’ unbirthday any old day. Here are 12 easy ideas for simple-but-special gifts and celebrations for the other 364 days.
photo: Tarah Photography
1. Weekday Waffles! Whip up this weekend treat on a Tuesday or Wednesday to start the day with a festive air. Stick a few candles on top if you want to get really wild.
2. DIY Face Paint. Nothing says festive like going full lion-face. Use cosmetics you have at home if you haven’t yet invested in a full face-paint kit.
3. Fake Birthday, Free Cake. Tell a little fib at a restaurant that offers the whole song and dance for kiddie birthdays. Just don’t expect to go back next month for their real birthday!
4. Kid’s Choice. Present three awesome options for an excursion (museum? pool? indoor play space?) and let them make their wish.
5. Spa Day. Break out a bucket of warm water, a few clay face masks and the nail polish. A little pampering makes any day extra special.
6. Movie Date. Go catch the latest kid flick on the big screen. Smuggle in plenty of healthy treats, and even let them pick the outfit they want to walk the red carpet in.
7. Plan a Picnic. There’s nothing like dining al fresco to make a day feel unique.
8. Sleepover Surprise! Invite their bestie to spend the night.
9. Hit a County Fair or Carnival. The festival circuit is still going strong this time of year, so buy a handful of tickets and prepare to be corn dogged.
10. Road Trip! Pack up the car for a little day trip. A nearby beach, hike or even just a neighboring town will offer a special change of pace.
11. Find an Outdoor Concert. Dancing with your Littles is most definitely a festive occasion.
12. Unwrap Some “Presents.” Wrap up old toys they haven’t seen in a while, your haul from the grocery store or even new needed school supplies. The best part is unwrapping anyway.
Happiest unbirthday to you and yours!!
Do you have any ideas for fun unbirthday celebrations? Tell us in the comments below.