Here are some facts you should know about eye health:
- One in five parents do not take their kids to the eye doctor for the first time until their children are school age (at least five years old).
- Less than 10% of parents know the recommended age for a child’s first eye exam is six months.
- One in ten parents have never taken their kids to the eye doctor.
- One-third of moms say they don’t take their kids to the eye doctor because they already get a school vision screening – even though 50% say an eye doctor exam is more comprehensive.
- 72% of moms & 45% of dads who do not bring their children to the eye doctor annual say they would be motivated to do so if their child complains of discomfort or changes in vision.
- One in five moms say access to vision insurance is the biggest barrier to visiting the eye doctor; while one-third (30%) of moms say obtaining vision insurance would motivate them to schedule an appointment.
- 75% of parents take their children to the dentist and primary care doctor before school begins each year, but only 50% take their children to get a comprehensive eye exam.
Be part of the 50% of families taking their kiddos to get an eye exam. Find your eye doctor today! Click here to get started.
Have your kids visited the eye doctor? Tell us about their experience in the comments below.