Sure, they know you as the star of breakfast and master chauffeur, but do your kids know about your family heritage? These 10 starter questions are aimed at kids interviewing their parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles or anyone they’d like. For older kids, you can play it as a guessing game: what did you name your first pet? Read on for more ideas.
photo: Jimmy Sledge via flickr
1. Where were you born?
2. What year did our first family member come to this country?
3. What was your favorite candy as a child?
4. Tell us one story about your father.
5. Who cooked the most in your house?
6. What is the name of the street you grew up on?
7. What is your favorite color?
8. Did you have a childhood pet?
9. What’s your favorite memory of your mother?
10. What does our family last name (or last names) mean?
What other questions can you think of for kids to learn a little family trivia? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.