Why did you redesign the Red Tricycle website?
- We have a slew of awesome local content that was getting buried on the site. Our goal with our redesign is to offer a better layout and design that will make it easier for users to search, browse, share and contribute to Red Tricycle from a variety of platforms (desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile).
What is different about the new site?
- A cleaner two-column format
- Improved search function
- Improved calendar functionality & search
- Faster site load times
- The local city pages are more focused on local stories (with new city editors to boot)
- A separate “home” for national content (style & design, travel, and other news in the greater parenting community)
- A New “Play List”, a bookmark functionality that allows you to save your favorite Red Tricycle picks to one spot.
- Plus a few more features we have yet to unveil – stay tuned
What is the Play List?
- The PlayList saves all your favorite Red Tricycle finds – from road trip ideas, to birthday party venues, and favorite sushi spots, all right here in one spot. How cool is that? Try it by clicking the PlayList icon at the bottom of any post or event.
What About Search? (How do I search for something? Where is the search bar? Do you have better search functionality than the old site?)
- At the top of each page to the right of the Red Tricycle logo is a magnifying glass. If you click on the magnifying glass, a search box will pop up. Type in your search word (hint: use your city name also) and tada! your search results should appear in seconds, delivering a much better search function than our old site.
How do I get to the event calendar:
- You can find the event calendars in the sub-header of each of our market’s homepages. You can also access them below:
What Happened to the Date Night section?
- We incorporated Date Night into Grown-Up Fun, which also includes Mom and Dad only events.
Where did the Parks & Playgrounds category go?
- We moved that category to Outdoor Fun.
Where are the categories?
- All the categories are available in the drop-down boxes at the top of the site below our logo. Click on Things to Do, Local Flavor, Family Meals or Celebrations.
Where are the Favorites?
- The favorites are listed in several places. In the header under ‘Directory’, and next to the calendar under ‘Favorites’.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
- Email us at email@example.com
If I sign-up for a newsletter, when should I expect to get it?
- You should receive a confirmation email within 30 minutes of signing up. You’ll receive the newsletter on the next scheduled delivery day – usually within 2 days of signing up.
How do I unsubscribe to a newsletter?
- You can unsubscribe to a newsletter at the bottom of any newsletter, simply click where it says “unsubscribe here.” If you’re having trouble, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will unsubscribe you.
I’ve moved, how do I change my email preferences?
- Visit our subscription center to update your email preferences.
Still have questions?
Email us at email@example.com