Skip the battered fish tacos and try these fresh tilapia tacos instead from food blogger, Marissa of OMGFood. You’ll say, “OMG this is so good” after taking a bite. Read on for the full step-by-step recipe.
2 tilapias, about 1lb
2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
juice from half a lemon
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
8 corn or flour tortillas*
red onion, finely chopped
cilantro leaves (optional)
lime wedges (optional)
Good to know: Warm your tortillas by preheating a small skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan one at a time for 30 seconds to a minute per side; until the tortillas are soft and warm. Set aside in a tortilla warmer or foil covered plate until ready to use (I warm my tortillas as the fish is cooking).
1. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, and spices in a small bowl and whisk until well blended.
2. Place the fish in a large bowl or ziplock and coat with the dressing. Let it marinate for at least twenty minutes or up to two hours.
3. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add fish to skillet and cook three minutes per side. Discard the remaining marinade.
5. Shred the fish with a fork.
6. Assemble tacos with toppings. Enjoy!
Do you have a favorite type of fish for fish tacos? What do your kids think of this recipe? Leave a comment below!