Chinese New Year is here and it’s time to celebrate the Year of the Monkey. Pay tribute to those social and playful primates (remind you of anyone?) by, yup, letting the kiddos monkey around the house. Scroll down for 7 ideas to keep it wild inside.
1. Jump on the bed, or if you prefer listen to this song and dance and jump around on the floor.
2. Monkeys have crafty hands and many have not only opposable thumbs but opposable toes too! Let your little monkey tinker. Find an old clock, watch or toy that they can take apart.
3. Curl up with a good book, like Rico the Brave Sock Monkey.
4. More than one tourist has been surprised by a thieving monkey grabbing their hat, bag or snack. Have each member of the family wear a hat, put a card or play money in their pocket, etc. and then let your little monkeys “sneakily” snag it.
5. Read up on some facts about three of our all-time favorite monkeys.
6. Play this game of skill and balance.
7. Yes, some monkeys do eat bananas. They also eat fruit, vegetable matter and some even eat spiders, insects and eggs. Skip the spiders and whip up this kiddie cobb salad perfect for growing monkeys of all sizes.
What’s your favorite way to celebrate Chinese New Year? Share it with us in the comments!
Feature photo: Dorothy Moerlein via flickr creative commons