If you’re looking for a simple weeknight recipe, you’ve got to try out this kid-approved recipe from Primavera Kitchen. Baked sweet potatoes are stuffed with a healthy mixture of veggies, chicken and goat cheese. You can easily switch up the ingredients to fit your family’s preferences, too.
½ tablespoon + 1 tablespoon olive oil
4 medium sweet potatoes
2 cups chicken breast, cut in cubes
Salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 cup white onions, diced
½ tablespoon garlic clove, minced
½ cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
¼ cup sun dried tomato, chopped
3 cups spinach
3 tablespoons goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Rub the skins of the potatoes with ½ tbsp. olive oil.
3. Poke them with a fork a few times and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake until tender, about 40-60 minutes (it will depend on the size of the potatoes).
4. While potatoes are cooking, season the chicken with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
5. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until it’s cooked through. Set aside.
6. In the same skillet, add onions and cook for five minutes or until onions start to soften. Then, add garlic and cook for one more minute.
7. Add bell peppers and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add spinach and sauté until it’s all wilted and add the cooked chicken.
9. Cut the sweet potato in half lengthwise (without cutting them all the way down) and stuff them with the chicken spinach mixture. Sprinkle the goat cheese on each sweet potato. Top with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Thanks to Olivia of Primavera Kitchen for sharing this recipe with us. Visit her site to find tons more healthy recipes that your whole family will love.