From squares to cylinders, the traditional grilled cheese sandwich has just gotten reinvented thanks to My Little Gourmet. And they only take 10 mins to make! Serve them as a snack or accompaniment to some hot tomato soup (we’re sure the roll-up shape makes it more fun for the kids).
Serving size 2
4 slices of sandwich bread
4 slices of cheese (recommend gouda)
1 tablespoon butter
1. Cut the crusts off of the bread.
2. Roll each slice flat with a rolling pin.
3. Place a slice of cheese on each piece of bread and roll up tightly.
4. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
5. Place the rolls, seam-side down, in the pan and press down so that they don’t unravel.
6. Rotate until golden brown on each side and cheese is melted.
“Like” this post if you plan to make grilled cheese roll-ups this week.
Laura Leer is a mom and writer of My Little Gourmet. She lives in Berlin with her husband and 2 year old son, Arik, who are the main taste testers of her delicious meals. For more kid-friendly recipes, check out her blog here.