If you’re like me, you never get tired of pumpkin season: Just bring on all the pumpkin spice goodies forever, am I right? I’m also a coffee addict—you too?—so the ever-popular pumpkin spice latte is my mainstay morning mom juice during the season. But having a daily dose of a commercially-prepared version—such as the famous Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte—can be quite an insult to your health (not to mention your wallet) as it’s high in calories, refined sugar and fat.
So, skip the big cup of crap and make this lighter version at home. It delights your tastebuds naturally with fresh brew, creamy milk, real pumpkin, seasonal spices, and a natural sweetener— in this recipe, stevia. Weighing in at only 89 calories (full nutritional info here), this Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte is something you can enjoy guilt-free on a daily basis!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
from Trainer LJ at FitMixMom.com
- 3/4 c. brewed coffee
- 3/4 c. milk of choice (I use 1% dairy, but almond, coconut, or cashew will work too)
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. pure stevia extract or powder (or other natural sweetener of choice; 2 Tbsp. real maple syrup works great, too)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender cup.
- Blend until well-mixed and frothy.
- Heat as desired by pouring into saucepan and warming up the mixture on the stove while stirring with a whisk. Alternatively, pour into serving jar or mug and heat in microwave.
PREP-AHEAD TIP: Throw everything into a blender cup the night before and keep in the fridge until morning. (Because who wants to measure everything out when you can barely open your eyes?) Then all you have to do is blend and heat up when you’re ready to enjoy.