I hate to disappoint you, but I’m not super mom every day of the week. Sure, I totally am at least two days a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays usually) <—insert sarcasm. Monday’s are the worst for me, though. I always stay up too late Sunday night catching up on my shows – Scandal, Bones, and Modern Family, just to name a few and then wake up feeling like Oliva Pope and I drank too much wine.
So, today I fed my kids Pop-Tarts for lunch. What? We love Pop-Tarts here. They’re delicious and today I just needed my home to be peaceful. I wasn’t up for a “you need to eat at least 1 of everything from the five food groups” argument. I’ll save that fight for a Tuesday or Thursday when my super mom powers have had time to refuel.
Here are 11 other things I did (or didn’t do) today that just made me an okay mom.
1. I let Nexflix be their babysitter today. I’m so glad they only charge $10 a month instead of by the hour or we would be B-R-O-K-E.
2. I let them eat waaaay too much Easter candy. My theory: if they eat it, I won’t.
3. My discipline tactics suck. Today it was mostly timeout that lasted 2.5 seconds because I walked off to do something and forgot and the kid got up.
4. I said s*&t too many time today. And the son repeated me every.single.time.
5. I let them fight it out today instead of breaking it up and talking with them about why they were upset at each other.
6. I told them “just a minute” about 2,846 times today.
7. Instead of “no” all day long I said “yes” to pretty much everything. And I’m pretty sure that is why there is now hand soap all over my dining room floor.
8. I let my 4-year-old daughter spend the day bottomless (undies and pants) because she just plainly likes to be naked. Don’t worry. We’ve spent the entire day in the house.
9. We’ve spent the entire day in the house. It’s a nice-ish day today and we should really be outside, but I don’t want to get out of my PJs.
10. I told them that we were out of milk because I didn’t feel like walking out to the fridge in the garage to get 1 of the 3 gallons out there.
11. I don’t feel bad about this list. I’m not going to make myself out to be someone I am not. And on Mondays, I am not super-mom.
My kids, of course, don’t even realize that I’m not my best mom-self today. In their eyes, I’m mom of the year every day. Well, almost every day. They’re not fans of me forcing them to eat their veggies or cleaning up their toys on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
Can you relate? What have you done that’s just made you an okay mom lately?