If your family is Harry Potter-obsessed, there’s a new destination to check out: the Forbidden Forest, a permanent expansion to The Making of Harry Potter at Warner Bros. Studio London. The cool new expansion just opened its doors to aspiring wizards this spring. Here’s why you should plan your vacation around this magical experience.
• Enter the Forbidden Forest and follow in the footsteps of your favorite characters: Harry, Ron and Hermione. Gaze up at the 19 trees each measuring over 12 feet in diameter. The Forest is full of stunning craftsmanship all Harry Potter fans will appreciate.
• Cinema; Watch how it all started!
• Ride a broomstick through the streets of London and all the way to Hogwarts! You’ll get to experience green screen technology just like a real actor
• Watch the creatures of the Forbidden Forest come to life with animatronics. Good to know: this may be scary for small children but staff do provide a shortcut around it.
• Take a seat on the Hogwarts express and feel like you really are on your way to Hogwarts.
Insider Tip: Free children’s Activity Passports can be collected from the lobby. Try to find all the stamping posts around the tour for extra fun throughout the day.
photo: Mark Drew
Photos because of course, you’ll want lots of photos!
There are many great photo spots throughout the tour, from the Great Hall to the Ron’s flying car and Hagrid’ motorbike.
You can even get to try out your own magical power calling “UP!” to get your broom to fly into your hand!
You can also get a picture of you running through the wall to get to platform 93/4 of Kings Cross station with you luggage trolly right next to the Hogwarts Express.
- There is free wifi throughout the tour.
- Near the whomping willow you will find a seat where Dobby may have a sweet surprise for you.
- Become a giant with the magic of forced perspective sitting at Hagrid’s table!
photo: markusunger via flickr
In the lobby you’ll be able to find:
- A free cloakroom for all your coats and bags to pick up at the end of your day.
- An ATM which offers free of charge cash withdrawals.
- Digital guides with 9 Languages from £4.95 / $6 to enhance your experience.
- Starbucks coffee for some refreshments.
- Gift shop for all your wizarding needs.
Food and drink:
- Starbuck coffee
- Studio café
- The Backlot where you can try the wizarding worlds famous Butterbeer! It’s a non-alcoholic beverage reminiscent of shortbread and butterscotch.
- You can bring your own food and sit in the outdoor picnic area or the Backlot area.
Baby facilities: Baby changing facilities are available in each toilet block. In addition, a private area for parents to feed complete with nursing chair and changing tables are located next to Backlot Cafe. Hot water for heating up bottles can be provided within the Studio Cafe or Backlot Cafe.
Transportation: Plenty of free parking with disabled parking available. £2.50/$3 return shuttle bus from Watford Junction train station leaving every 20 minutes.
Cost: £39 / $48 for adults 15+; £31 / $38 for kids 4-15; £0 / $0 kids four and under
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
Studio Tour Drive
What’s your favorite Harry Potter book? Will you visit the new Forbidden Forest? Leave us a comment below!
— Mark Drew