There are a lot of things we know about our grandparents: They give amazing hugs, rarely say no to requests for ice cream and they are masters at reading stories. But our grandparents have so much more to tell us! Suggest a list of simple and fun questions for your child to ask their grandparent, and they will not only get an idea of what it was like to be a kid 60-some years ago, but they will gain some wisdom on the importance of family, friends and living a great long life!
Photo: Jenny818 via Flickr
- Who was your best friend when you were a kid and what did you like to do together?
- Tell me about where you grew up.
- What was your favorite food growing up?
- Tell me about the day we first met each other.
- Did you have a favorite toy when you were my age?
- Tell me about the house and neighborhood where you grew up.
- What was your grandma like?
- What was your grandpa like?
- What was your favorite age to be?
- What’s the oldest memory you have?
- What are some silly things my mom or dad did when they were my age?
- What’s the best thing about being a grandparent?
Do you have other suggestions for questions to ask a grandparent? Let us know in the comments below!