photo: Saporito Kitchen
Dig into some classic comfort food to warm up this winter. This meatloaf recipe from Amanda of Saporito Kitchen is sure to be an instant hit with your family, and it’s pretty easy to whip up with herbs and spices you already have in your pantry. Amanda recommends using a mix of ground pork and beef, but you can also use all beef if you prefer.
1 slice bread
1/4 cup milk
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
1 whole egg
2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Place the slice of bread in a small bowl and pour the milk over the top of it. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add in milk soaked bread and mix together with hands until ingredients are incorporated.
4. Turn mixture out onto prepared baking sheet and shape into loaf form.
5. Bake meatloaf at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
6. Take meatloaf out of the oven and top with marinara. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.
7. Remove meatloaf from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Share this recipe with your friends and then let us know your favorite winter comfort food recipe in the comments below!
Find more of Amanda’s awesome recipes on her website, Saporito Kitchen. As a graduate of the Le Cordon Bleu program at Scottsdale Culinary Institute, this foodie knows her stuff!