Well hello there, 2018! Just like every New Year, I feel like January snuck up on everyone way too fast. We’ve barely had time to clean up from all the holiday festivities before it’s time to turn around, do a little self-reflection and soul-searching and maybe—just maybe—try to actually make those New Year’s resolutions stick.
Writing Challenge Theme
That’s why this month’s Spoke Writing Challenge is all about how parents can make a healthy start to the New Year, thus, the January Spoke Writing Challenge theme is, “The Productive Parent.”
We want to hear your stories and your unique, wisdom-worthy perspectives about what it means to be a productive parent, what helps you parent or co-parent better and even what definitely doesn’t help you be a better parent. Whether it’s parenting hacks, healthy family habits or what a productive parent mindset means to you, we want to hear your stories!
How About Some Cash Prizes?
The editors will select three winning posts based on the quality of writing, originality and number of page views received. Winners will each receive a $100 prize. Not too shabby, right?
While this is neither an exclusive nor exhaustive list, here are some ideas to get your inspired about your Writing Challenge post:
- I Tried to Parent Like KonMari & It Was (Fill in the blank with your experience!)
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Parents (That I Totally Don’t Do)
- Why “Good Enough” Still Makes Me a Great Parent
- If Mommy/Daddy Ain’t Happy, Ain’t Nobody Happy: Self-Care Tips for Parents
- 5 Totally Doable New Year’s Resolutions for Worn-Out Parents
- The Secret to Getting My Kids Dressed & Out the Door in Under 10 Minutes
- 10 Breakfast Hacks to Jumpstart Mornings With Your Kids
- Here’s How New Parents Can Still Find Time for the Gym
- Parenting Is a Team Effort
- Here’s How I Keep it all Together as a Single Parent
- These Are the 10 Best Family Organizers to Save Your Sanity
- 5 Productive Things to Do While Breastfeeding (Instead of Surfing Your Phone)
- 10 Exercises You Can Totally Do With Your Toddler
- How the Pomodoro Technique Just Might Make You a More Efficient Parent
- 8 Tips to Stop Constantly Running Late on “Mom Time”
Rules, Eligibility & Such
Ready to join in the Writing Challenge? Submit your holiday story today! For this challenge, use the article code “#January2018” when submitting. All eligible posts must be submitted no later than 4:59 p.m. EST on Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2018.
Winners will be notified by email and announced via both the Spoke Facebook Group and the Spoke email newsletter the first week of February 2018.
Remember, to be eligible for one of three $100 prizes, you must submit an original post. If you have a previously-published post you’d like to share on Spoke, we want to read it! While previously-published stories are ineligible for our monthly challenge prizes, we’d love to include it on Spoke and maybe even share it with our readers.
Ready to join the conversation but aren’t yet a Spoke contributor? Learn more about Spoke and then sign up here! (It’s super duper easy peezy.) Have questions? We have answers: email us at spoke@. We can’t wait to read your stories!
As always—ride on!
—Keiko Zoll, Spoke Contributor Network Editor