It’s sure sign that it’s summertime when you bust out the ol’ smokey joe and fire up the grill for a family barbeque. An easy meat to grill, tri-tip is both flavorful and lean. With the addition of a soy sauce marinade for this recipe, the meat takes on a tangy and smokey flavor. Add garlic and green onions to your marinade to give it just that little extra flavor before throwing the meat on the grill. This quick and simple recipe is sure to impress even your toughest little food critics.
Method: (For marinade)
1. Poke holes on steak using a fork. Transfer to a freezer bag.
2. Combine olive oil and soy sauce in a bowl and whisk together.
3. Pour onto meat, seal freezer bag and marinate in the refrigeration for up to 2 hours.
Method: (For medium well steak)
1. Pre-heat grill at 350 degrees.
2. Remove steak from marinade and rub Montreal Steak Seasoning all over.
3. When grill is ready, grill one side for 10 minutes then flip to grill the other side for 10 minutes.
4. Continue flipping the steak over every 10 minutes for a total of 40 minutes.
5. Remove from heat after 40 minutes and let steak sit for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
recipe courtesy of sarahplicious! kitchen