A new year is upon us. Pretty soon, everyone’s Facebook feed will be filled with friends and family setting lofty goals, and reflecting back on the prior year. But we want your honest reflections on parenting in 2016 and your real new year’s resolutions.
What did you learn as a parent in 2016? What are you resolving to do (or not do) in 2017? Did you feel like #ParentingFail was your motto last year? During the month of January, we’re asking you get honest about your goals and lessons learned, and share your story here on Spoke.
We’re looking for unique stories! Think outside the box – we want to be laughing until our sides hurt or inspired to see things from a slightly different perspective. Our editors will select three original stories as featured articles, and the writers of those stories will earn $100. Winners are selected based on quality of writing, originality and number of page views received.
Need some writing inspiration? Consider one of these topics:
- Why I’m Not Doing Resolutions This Year
- 7 Promises I Always Make and Never Keep
- 6 Ridiculous Mistakes I Made in my First Year as a Parent
- Here’s How I Really Feel About New Year’s Resolutions
- What I Learned as a Parent Over the Last Year
- 10 Things I Wish my Kids Would Resolve to do in 2017
- Why I Don’t Give a $h!t That I Don’t Have a Bikini Body This Year
- I Haven’t Shaved my Legs in Six Months and Here’s Why
- Why Meal Planning is Not on my List of Goals for the Year
Ready to join the conversation? Submit your story today! Use the article code “newyear”if you’re submitting an original post.
Do you have a previously-published post you’d like to share on Spoke? We want to read it! While previously-published stories are not eligible to receive the $100 prize, they do qualify for incentive pay. We’d love to include your posts on Spoke and possibly share it with our readers.