Red Tricycle is currently seeking a part-time rockstar New York Family Events Calendar Editor who will take charge of our website’s calendar of events. Our family events calendar is one of the most important aspects of Red Tricycle New York and it features fun and engaging family activities that are curated and editor recommended. As the New York Calendar Editor you will be the mastermind behind the calendar, researching awesome happenings around town, writing punchy descriptions of them and publishing them to the events calendar.
The ideal Editor will be an adventurer at heart with a passion for exploring the New York Metro area with his/her kid(s). We’re looking for an Editor who has a pulse on local events (both recurring and one-off), is obsessed with finding out the newest and coolest happenings, and can master the Red Tricycle brand and editorial voice.
• Work at least 30 days out to find, edit and publish events to the family events calendar. The events you find will be a mix between recurring (story times, drop-ins, etc.) and unique one-offs (festivals, parades, etc.).
• Every week write the Editor’s Picks newsletter outlining your ideas for the best New York activities for the upcoming weekend.
The ideal candidate:
• Has children and is active in the parenting community.
• Is a voracious researcher, interested in digging deep (both on and offline) for hidden gems other media outlets may have missed.
• Is meticulous about spelling, grammar and fact-checking (dates, times, etc.)
• Can whip up a clever, descriptive copy.
• Experienced with WordPress.
• Is responsible, deadline-oriented and looking for a project to own.
• Is able to work independently (this is a work-from-home gig — woohoo!)
• Excited to make parenting in New York more fun and delightful.
If you would like to apply please email your resume and cover letter to editor AT redtri.com with “New York Calendar Editor” in the subject line.