Just like those ever-brave crocuses, spring is juuuuust starting to make its appearance throughout the country. Those periodic sunny winter days remind us that winter is just around the corner, especially after a winter full of cabin fever.
At Red Tricycle this month, it’s that time of year to ready, set and jet, so this month’s Writing Challenge theme is all about getting outside and heading out into the great big world.
Writing Challenge Theme
This month’s Spoke Writing Challenge theme is Choose Your Own Adventure! Tell us your stories of adventure, travel, and exploration with your family.
Do you have an epic family travelogue entry you’re just dying to share? A list of travel tips for traveling with the fam for upcoming spring break season? Or maybe you have a tale about how you turned off the GPS and let your kids tell how to get home—we want to hear it all.
How About Some Cash Prizes?
The editors will select three winning posts based on the quality of writing, originality and number of page views received. Three winners will each receive a $100 prize. Not too shabby, right?
While this is neither an exclusive nor exhaustive list, here are some ideas to get your inspired for your Writing Challenge post:
- The Time I Let My Kids “Take the Wheel”
- 10 Travel Lessons I’ve Learned from 5 Years of Family Vacations
- This Is What It’s Like Spending a Year Living in…
- How We Navigate Traveling with Our Special Needs Child
- Why I’m Raising My Kid to Be a World Traveler
- How to Plan a Group Trip with Multiple Families
- Here’s Why We Love Going on Family Cruises
- 5 Tips forTraveling Abroad with Your Family
Rules, Eligibility & The Fine Print
Ready to join in the Writing Challenge? Submit your Spoke story today! Here are all the details.
1. Use article code #March2018 and include the hashtag when submitting.
2. NEW for March 2018: All eligible posts must be submitted no later than 4:59 p.m. EST on Saturday, Mar. 24, 2018.
3. Winners will be notified by email and announced via both the Spoke Facebook Group and the Spoke email newsletter sometime during the first week of April 2018.
Remember, to be eligible for one of three $100 prizes, you must submit an original post. If you have a previously-published post you’d like to share on Spoke, we want to read it! While previously-published stories are ineligible for our monthly challenge prizes, we’d love to include it on Spoke and maybe even share it with our readers.
Have questions? We have answers: email us at spoke@. We can’t wait to read your stories!
As always—ride on!
—Keiko Zoll, Spoke Contributor Network Editor
Featured photo: StockSnap via Pixabay