When it comes to new attractions at Disney World and Disneyland, get ready for a wild ride in the new year! Disney Parks has been hard at work curating brand new experiences at every theme park in California and Florida, including new rides, fresh food and exciting interactions with characters and music.
2019 marks both the 30th Anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the 90-year celebration of Mickey and Minnie, so there’s tons of partying to be had. Keep reading to make sure you’re inthe know for each and every upcoming event happening at Disney Parks next year.
Magic Kingdom Park
1. Start the year out strong with a new experience called “Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration.” You’ll get to experience fresh music and dancing, among others as you celebrate with your favorite Disney mice. You'l get to see Mickey and Minnie together inside Town Square Theater, wearing all-new, colorful outfits for their special celebration. Enjoy Celebration Station inside Town Square Theater, where you cab sign a guestbook to let Mickey and Minnie know about all the fun at the party.
2. Dance with Mickey, Minnie and the rest of the game in front of Cinderella Castle in the new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party.” You’ll be able to dance with live singers to new arrangements of classic Mickey Mouse Club songs.
3. Head to Main Street, U.S.A and catch the Dapper Dans, who will be singing songs in honor of Mickey and Minnie.
4. You can expect to find tons of new, specially-themed Mickey and Minnie merch and food.
5. Keep your eyes peeled for surprise Limited-Time Magic entertainment and other experiences all throughout the Magic Kingdom Park.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
6. Disney's Hollywood Studios 30th anniversary is May 1, 2019 and the park will celebrate all year long, starting Jan. 18 with the reveal of a new 30th anniversary logo.
7. Get ready for the new live show “Disney Junior Dance Party!” which will feature characters from Disney Junior television series, including Vampirina and Doc McStuffins.
8. Pixar Place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will transform into a Municiberg city block as The Incredibles arrive!
9. Visit the end of the block where you’ll find a statue in honor of Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone to celebrate their super deeds.
10. You’ll finally get to meet Edna Mode—the greatest super suit designer! Find her at a special location on Pixar Place showcasing some of her best creations.
11. Keep an eye out for Jack-Jack, who will also roam Pixar Place.
12. Meet Mike and Sully from Monters Inc. inside Walt Disney Presents.
13. Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy arrives at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in spring 2019.
14. Meet Lightning McQueen’s speedy pal, Cruz Ramirez outside the Racing Academy.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
15. Can you believe it’s the 25th anniversary of The Lion King? Head to Disney’s Animal Kingdom with Timon and Rafiki in the Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party on Discovery Island.
16. Check out special three-dimensional photo opportunities from The Lion King.
17. Visit The Epcot International Festival of the Arts from Jan. 18–, where you’ll see world-class culinary, visual and performing arts.
18. During the festival, you can watch The Disney on Broadway Concert Series seven days a week.
19. Check out the The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival from Mar. 6–Jun. 3. You’ll be amazed at the huge selection of food found at outdoor kitchens and Disney-themed topiaries.
20. Epcot’s Garden Rocks Concert Series will also be expanded to seven days a week during the Flower & Garden Festival––that’s 270 concerts over the course of the 90-day event!
22. A Mickey and Minnie Celebration is arriving at Disneyland in January 2019. The affair will celebrate the 90-year legacy of the famous mouse couple and will offer character greets, new merchandise and fun entertainment.
23. Satisfy your hunger at The Tropical Hideaway, the restaurant that's being built in the spot that used to be Aladdin's Oasis between the Enchanted Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise. Dine alongside your fave Jungle Cruise skippers and enjoy new cuisine!
24. In the summer of 2019 get ready to land on the Planet Batuu, the new setting for Galaxy's Edge. Guests will enjoy new attractions like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, not to mention tons of new food and merchandise offerings. Need more info
25. Beginning Jan. 18, parkers can experience Mickey’s Mix Magic, a new, high-energy projection show celebrating the Mickey Mouse.
26. Celebrate Valentine's on Feb. 7 at the park with Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts' Nite. The separately ticketed evening event gives guests special after-hours Disneyland Park access to rare character greetings, photo ops, entertainment, themed menu selections, merchandise, fireworks, attractions, decor and more
27. On Mar. 7, head back in time for Disneyland After Dark: 90s Nite. The speciality ticket gives you access to an exclusive fireworks show, photo opps against throw-back backdrops from popular '90s Disney shows and movies—plus rare '90s era character encounters!
Disney's California Adventure Park
28. Don't miss the Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration at Paradise Gardens Park, where you can celebrate with Mulan and Mushu to A moving musical score taken from the opening of theShanghai Disney Resort. Guests can also take part in Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession, special holiday entertainment, tasty Asian food, festive decor and kid-friendly crafts.
29. Finally! Guests can take a ride on the newly reimagined a newly reimagined carousel featuring Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl and her animal pals. Jessie's Critter Carousel opens sometime in 2019.
30. Inside Out Headquarters, the fourth Pixar Pier neighborhood will open 2019. The colorful neighborhood will give guests the opportunity to take a spin on the Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind, a new ride based on the film.
All photos courtesy of Disney.