Perfect Roast Chicken
The roast chicken — so scrumptious, yet so easy to totally mess up, right? Too long in the oven means the meat is too dry, and not enough seasonings and the flavor falls flat. Thanks to Weelicious our roast chicken nightmares have come to an end. With just the right amount of time in the oven and the perfect amount of seasonings, this roast chicken is moist, the skin is crispy, and dare we say it….perfect.
1 4-Pound Chicken
2 Tsp Salt
3-4 Sprigs Thyme
1 Small Lemon, cut in half
1. Wash the chicken and pat dry, removing as much excess liquid as possible.
2. Rub the salt all over the chicken — inside and out.
3. Place chicken in a 9-inch skillet with an oven-proof handle. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 3-24 hours.*
4. Heat oven to 475°F. **
5. Place the skillet, without the chicken, in the oven for 15 minutes or on a stovetop burner for 1 minute to heat.
6. Stuff chicken with thyme and lemon and tie legs together.
7. Place chicken breast-side up in the pan and bake uncovered, for 30 minutes.
8. Flip chicken over and place back in the oven for 20 minutes.
9. Turn the chicken breast-side up again for an additional 10 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and allow chicken to cool for 10 minutes and serve.
* If you don’t have a skillet with an oven-proof handle, use a baking dish just larger than your chicken. Though in step 6, do not heat dish on the stovetop — only in the oven.
** Use the convection setting on your oven if you have one, reducing the cooking time in step 7 to 25 minutes.
Want More Adventures?
Let us help you be the rock star mom (or dad) we know you are! Sign up for our picks for the best things to see, do, eat and explore with your kids.