Your busy weeknight calls for a lightning fast dinner. Next time you need to make dinner in a pinch, check out this pesto chicken pasta recipe from Regina of the food blog, Leelalicious. It takes only 20 minutes to make and offers a nice balance of carbs, protein and greens (from the pesto).
Yields 2-3 servings
8 ounces dry pasta* (I used fusilli)
1 chicken breast, cut into thin strips
salt + pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup pesto
chopped almonds and feta crumbles for garnish
Notes from the Chef: *use gluten-free, whole wheat or low-glycemic pasta according to needs and preferences
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add dry pasta and cook until al dente.
2. Cut chicken breast into small strips. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet, add chicken strips and sear until fully cooked.
4. Add ¼ cup of the pasta water to the skillet with the chicken. Drain pasta, then add to chicken together with pesto and stir everything until fully combined.
5. Serve hot and garnish with chopped almonds and feta crumbles.
Will your kids devour this recipe? Tell us what you think in the Comments below!