As soon as December rolls around, your little prima ballerina has visions of sugarplums dancing in her head.
Then pirouette into the holiday season with Oregon Ballet Theatre’s production of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker. A tradition for 14 years, the show captivates audiences with world-class dancing and glittering scenery. Here’s all the reasons it’s totally en pointe.
- Follow Marie and her prince on an epic journey to the Land of Sweets.
- From the scurrying mice to the swirling snowflakes, their eyes will light up as the action unfolds.
- Oregon Ballet Theatre is one of only a handful of companies with the rights to produce the legendary choreographer’s classic performance.
- Because Tchaikovsky’s score is a major part of the magic, a live orchestraaccompanies the dancers at 10 of the 19 shows.
- With tickets starting at $29, everyone from Grandma to little sis can go. Plus, there’s plenty of matinees for the youngest of fans.
Shows run from Dec. 9-24. For tickets, go to obt.org.
See? Tutu good.