Red Tricycle is looking for a Controller, either FT or PT (25 hours per week) to manage all aspects of our accounting and finance. You are a seasoned accountant with a track record of running an accounting department or small business—preferably at a digital media company. You are ready and willing to wear a lot of hats as our sole accountant and are at home with everything from budgets to collection calls. You a proficient problem solver who can wade through the maze of ad agency and client billing and collections protocol. You have excellent communications skills as you interact with employees, sales contractors and clients throughout the day. Our company is virtual, so this position can be done from anywhere in the United States.
- Manage Employee onboarding and exiting, including disability and unemployment benefits and state requirements for operating a distributed team
- Run payroll
- Calculate and schedule monthly sales commissions and quarterly/ semi-annual bonuses
- On-board new vendors and writers, including collecting W-2 and NDA
- enter vendor invoices, route for approvals and pay bills
- Oversee the A/R process including the invoicing of customers, applying payments and respond to customer and salespeople inquiries
- Perform account collection calls as needed
Financial Reporting and Monthly close
- Manage general ledger and balance sheet
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts every month
- Resolve accounting/reconciliation issues
- Analyze financial results for both internal and external use
- Prepare monthly financial statement
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Develop forecasts and budgets, identifying risks and opportunities
- Prepare financial reports for CEO weekly and financial package for Board presentation meetings monthly
- Financial reports: monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including but not limited to monthly and fiscal close, report preparation and distribution
- Perform month end close
- Manage working capital
HR and Admin
- Maintain internal controls, including corporate documents, employee records, vendor agreements, independent contractor agreements, NDA docs
- Manage open enrollment and administer employee benefits
- Work with external tax professional regarding company tax needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA desirable
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with sales analysis and reporting
- Progressive finance or accounting leadership experience (10+ years) required – preferably from accounting team of at least five people
- Industry experience in interactive advertising preferred.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to analyze detailed level of data while able to step back and think strategically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and stay focused/calm
- Ability to multi-task and wear many hats throughout the day.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organize, manage multiple projects and to meet deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks Online.
- Proficiency in Bill.com and Freshbooks.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Must be able to pass a background check
We are a family friendly company, built on an army of moms and dads. Whether you are currently working FT or ramping up again after staying home with kids, we’d love to work with you!
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org