Red Tricycle is looking for a full-time Controller to manage all aspects of our accounting and finance. You are a seasoned accountant with a track record of running an accounting department or small business—preferably at a digital media company. You are ready and willing to wear a lot of hats as our sole accountant and are at home with everything from budgets to collection calls. You a proficient problem solver who can wade through the maze of ad agency and client billing and collections protocol. You have excellent communications skills as you interact with employees, sales contractors and clients throughout the day. Our company is virtual, so this position can be done from anywhere in the United States.
- Financial Reporting and Monthly close
- Manage general ledger and balance sheet
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts every month
- Resolve accounting/reconciliation issues
- Analyze financial results for both internal and external use
- Prepare monthly financial statement
- Accounting Operations
- Accounts Receivable –
- invoice customers, apply payments and respond to customer and salespeople inquiries
- Perform account collection calls as needed
- Accounts Payable – enter vendor invoices, route for approvals and pay bills
- Accounts Receivable –
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Develop forecasts and budgets, identifying risks and opportunities
- Prepare package for Board presentation meetings
- Financial reports: monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including but not limited to monthly and fiscal close, report preparation and distribution
- Maintain internal controls
- Work with external tax professional company tax needs
- Perform month end close
- Manage working capital
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA desirable
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with sales analysis and reporting
- Progressive finance or accounting leadership experience (10+ years) required – preferably from accounting team of at least five people
- Industry experience in interactive advertising preferred.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to analyze detailed level of data while able to step back and think strategically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and stay focused/calm
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organize, manage multiple projects and to meet deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks Online.
- Proficiency in Bill.com and Freshbooks.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Must be able to pass a background check
We are a family friendly company, built on an army of moms and dads. Whether you are currently working FT or ramping up again after staying home with kids, we’d love to work with you!
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org