Looking for some riddles for kids to keep those little minds sharp? We’ve found some kid-friendly puzzlers just right for your fam. Share them out loud or slip them into a lunchbox!
1. What has hands but cannot write or clap?
Answer: A clock.
2. What has stripes and goes through the air?
Hint: It sometimes goes on the ground, too.!
Answer: A basketball.
3. I am yellow and I write, and my mate is white.
Answer: A pencil.
4. What gets wetter the more it dries?
Answer: A towel.
5. What always ends up broken before you use it?
Answer: An egg.
6. What begins with T ends with T and has a T in it?
Answer: A teapot.
7. What breaks as soon as you say its name?
8. If you threw a yellow stone into a blue sea, what would it become?
9. How do you make the number “one” disappear?
Answer: Add a “g” and it is “gone.”
10. What bank never has any money?
Answer: A river bank.
11. What number is odd until you take away one letter; then it becomes even?
12. There is one word spelled wrong in every English dictionary. What is it?
13. What goes in your pocket but keeps it empty?
Answer: A hole.
14. What belongs to you but is used most often by everyone else?
Answer: Your name.
15. What is as big as a hippo but weighs nothing at all?
Answer: A hippo's shadow.
16. What has legs but cannot walk?
Answer: A chair.
17. I sometimes run but cannot walk. You follow me around. What am I?
Answer: Your nose.
18. What word begins and ends with the E but only has one letter?
19. What do you find at the end of a rainbow?
Answer: The letter W.