Discovering new snacks that are healthy and tasty is a challenge for most parents. Jennifer from Slim’ Shoppin totally understands this predicament so she shared with us her recipe for roasted chickpeas. Go ahead, add it to your snack rotation and feel good about you’re giving your kids to munch on.
2 cans chick peas (also known as garbanzo beans)
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1. Open the cans of chickpeas and place them in a colander. Rinse under cold water.
2. Place the chick peas on a jelly roll pan and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Add the olive oil, and spices and stir to combine.
4. Place in an oven preheated to 275 degrees and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
5. Stir this about every 20 minutes or so. If you want to test if they are done, the chick pea should be crunchy like a nut. If it’s still soft in the middle, they aren’t done yet.
Jennifer von Ebers is a wife and Mom to 3 great kids -17, 15 and 11. She works full time but in her spare time, she’s a chef in her kitchen, whipping up awesome healthy meals for her family and creating new recipes. She loves blogging, social media, recipe development and meeting other foodies. Visit her website Slim’ Shoppin here.