Before your family completely delves into your age-old school year routine, we suggest that you take the time to really end your summer with a bang. Check these 21 kid-friendly activities off of your family’s summer bucket list and make these last few days of summer truly memorable.
1. Hit up a Giants game before the season ends, or simply explore the awesome, kid-friendly South Beach neighborhood.
2. Get your mini Monet’s creative energy flowing and take a trip to C is for Craft, the Bay’s newest crafting studio.
3. Take advantage of the warm weather and cool down at one of these local splash spots.
4. Strap the kiddos into the stroller and track down one of SF’s famous food trucks for a unique, al fresco dinner.
5. Soak up the sun while you still can and have a kayaking adventure your kids will not forget!
6. Spend a day under the sea at the Seymour Marine Discovery Center — no swimsuits needed!
7. Bring the little ones along a unique shopping trip at one of the Bay’s eclectic flea markets and spend the day searching for the coolest “new” find.
8. Check out this mini-theme park in the Bay Area that will have your kids smiling and laughing with delight in no time.
9. Have a mini adventure and take the kiddos to one of the Bay Area’s many mini-golf courses.
10. Beat the heat and quench your thirst! Try these awesome (and easy!) summer mocktails that the little ones can enjoy too.
11. Pack the blankets and popcorn, and catch a movie in the night breeze at an outdoor movie night in the Bay Area.
12. Spend a day exploring the Presidio, an awesome neighborhood right in our own backyard!
13. Kids itching for some excitement? Take a trip to one of the Bay Area’s most entertaining amusement parks for a thrilling adventure.
14. Rise and shine! Treat the little ones to dessert bright and early at one of these famous Oakland donut shops.
15. Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the Bay and spend the day at idyllic Stinson Beach.
16. Wow your kids with a visit to the newly opened Exploratorium at Pier 15.
17. Kids can never get enough of playtime, so check out this local hot spot and let them explore the newly re-opened playground.
18. Embrace summer’s favorite cuisine and chow down on some of the best Bay Area BBQ. The little ones will love diggin’ in to a basket of ribs…just don’t forget the napkins!
19. Check out one of the Bay’s best candy shops and indulge your kid’s sweet tooth (and yours too).
20. Plan a day trip and explore the charming college town around Stanford University. No need to take that college tour just yet!
21. What’s that — you still want more? Check out our 99 Things to Do this Summer and see what you might’ve missed!
Let us know in the comment section below how your family is celebrating the end of summer.