School may have started already but weather still screams “SUMMER!” The upcoming long weekend is the perfect time to tick off those remaining items on your summer “must-do” list. We’ve gathered up a list of activities to keep you busy from baseball games to bands on the beach. The sun is out – all you need to do is pick one, pack up the kids and head out!
Photo: Courtesy of Miramar Events
1. Watch Olympian Kristi Yamaguchi and other top figure skaters perform at the SAP Center.
2. Dust off your kilt and head to the Highlands (aka Pleasanton) for the 152nd Scottish Games.
3. Get your tickets ASAP to check out the Museum of Ice Cream which opens in SF on September 1st!
5. Groove to one of the last free concerts of the season like this one in Mountain View.
6. Head to SFMOMA where you can see the new Noguchi’s Playscapes and Soundtracks exhibits.
7. Spread out your picnic blanket for the 5th Annual Presidio Picnic.
8. Go on carnival rides and eat gourmet fare at the Millbrae Art & Wine Festival.
9. Explore aerial innovation at Wings over Watsonville on Saturday.
10. Free Shakespeare in the Park will be performing shows of “Hamlet” all three days in the Presidio.
11. Hunt for treasures on “the island” at the Alameda Antiques Fair.
12. Keep the summer vibes going with Bands on the Beach at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
13. Check out the chicks at the Monterey County Fair.
What do you have lined up for Labor Day weekend? Tell us in the comments below!