Red Tricycle connects families with awesome things to do. Today, over 1 million parents in 9 US cities turn to Red Tricycle to discover cool things to see, eat and do with their kids via our curated, highly-actionable content (email newsletter + website). We are now focused on giving our users a voice and an opportunity participate in the Red Tricycle community, while also offering the ability for users to “activate” their favorite ideas – plan, share, save, calendar, purchase – through a mobile app.
We believe that content + community focused on ‘awesome things to do for families’ in one seamless mobile experience = happy, loyal moms.
As Community Manager for Red Tricycle, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining our robust community of active parents through online and offline initiatives. You’ll be essential for setting the tone and community guidelines for our soon-to-launch mobile app. You’ll also plan, organize and execute the most spectacular (and totally awesome) events for families in the Bay Area.
The Community Manager role is a key position that sets the tone for the experience we want our users to have on our app and website.
- Monitor and increase engagement on the Red Tricycle mobile app by being the most active user.
- Host and organize awesome local events for Red Tricycle super-users and readers in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Recruit and maintain relationships with app launch partners such as local businesses, mom groups and bloggers.
- As part of the community program and events, hire and train Brand Ambassadors throughout the Bay Area.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ideal candidate has a background in Public Relations and Marketing
- Experience with event planning and execution is required
- Strong familiarity with social media channels and mobile platforms as a user and marketing professional is a big plus
- Detail oriented with exceptionally strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, simultaneous deadlines and timelines
- Creative self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and consistently good judgment
- Excellent communication, public presentation and customer service skills
- Proven ability to build relationships and utilize networks
- Strong sense of diplomacy, initiative, and the ability to represent Red Tricycle in a consistently positive professional manner
- Experienced with budget development and management
- Flexible, good-humored, creative, team player
- You have a fun, playful, dynamic personality that reflects the Red Tricycle brand
- You enjoy being in the spotlight and the center of social activity
- You are self-motivated and enjoy taking ownership of projects
- You feel comfortable doing things, even when no one is telling you exactly what to do
- You can execute with flexibility and speed
- You enjoy being part of small team, and understand your critical role in helping other team members and making the organization successful
- You understand and thrive in the speed, chaos and vibrancy of a startup environment
- You are solution oriented and enjoy figuring out how to make things happen
- Working with an “army of moms and dads” across the U.S. inspires you
If this all sounds exciting to you, you should come play with us! Want to know the top ten reasons to work at Red Tricycle?
This is a full-time job and the ideal candidate should be located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Weekends are required at least 1-2 days a month for events (the good news is you can bring your family!). Please send us your resume and an inspiring cover letter for review to email@example.com. This position is based in our Sausalito office.