Winter has swept its way into Seattle and blanketed our city with the first real snow of the season. Before Seattle’s winter wonderland all turns to brown slush (and before your kids go totally bonkers with cabin fever) we suggest taking advantage of this snowy oasis with your little ones. So stop shoveling snow and throw on the winter boots, hats, and coats and enjoy both some indoor and outdoor snowy day activities this weekend.
1. Before it all melts away, throw on those winter coats, scarves and hats and hit the hills for some tubing and sledding.
2. We have the perfect spot where Mom and dad can take a breather from all the snow shoveling — a kid-friendly Seattle brewery.
3. If your kids are bouncing off the walls (hello, cabin fever season!), head out to a bowling alley for some indoor family fun.
4. With this bone-chilling weather, there’s nothing better than a hearty and filling dinner. Check out these 11 tasty crock pot recipes that are not only delicious, but quick and easy (did we just hear a collective cheer coming from all of you Seattle parents?).
5. Throwing on the swim suit when it’s snowing outside may not seem like the logical thing to do, but Seattle has a bevy of great indoor swim pools for kids so why not take a dive on this cold winter weekend.
6. Want to see a flick at the local theatre but nervous about bringing your little one for the first time? We’re right there with ya — take a look at these tips on taking your kiddos to the movies.
7. Snowy days are the perfect time to get crafty with the kiddos. Try making this fun finger puppet craft and if you’re looking for more DIY and crafting activities then don’t forget to take a look at our favorite mom and dad craft bloggers for even more of great kids craft ideas. With so many amazing ideas, you may need to buy another fridge to hang all the artwork.
What are you doing to keep the kids entertained during Seattle’s first big snow storm of the season?
— Erin Lem
photo courtesy of Piano Piano! via Flikr