Seattle foodie parents, it’s go time. You have 10 days to dine out at Seattle’s best and most popular restaurants in the city for the spring version of Seattle Restaurant Week, and guess what? You can bring your kids along for the experience too! With over 150 restaurants on the participating list, there are more than just a few that are kid-friendly and we’ve pulled some of them together here. Each restaurant is offering a three-course set menu for $28, but that doesn’t mean your child has to suffer through duck confit and pork belly ragot when they really just want a grilled cheese sandwich – you can still order from the normal menu for them, while you savor these delicious meals (whew!). Visit the entire list of participating restaurants on the Seattle Restaurant Week website.
Seattle Restaurant Week Insider Tips:
1. Seattle Restaurant Week runs ten days this spring: from Sunday, April 8, 2012 to Thursday, April 12, 2012 and from Sunday, April 15 to Thursday, April 19, 2012. In other words, Restaurant Week does not apply to the Friday/Saturday/Sunday that lands in the middle of those two stretches.
2. Be sure to check out the menu and restrictions before you visit a restaurant for Restaurant Week – often brunch menus do not apply and in most cases, you’ll want to make reservations. Also, not all locations of local chains are participating in Restaurant Week, so take note.
3. Just because there is an established three-course menu for Restaurant Week doesn’t mean you can’t order from the regular menu as well… and if you’re dining out with your kids, this is a much better idea, unless you want to spend $28 on a three-course meal that is a far cry from their usual mac n’ cheese!
4. Many of the Seattle Restaurant Week participants are also serving a special lunch menu for the event for $15.
5. Restaurant week also pops back up in October, so don’t feel like you need to cram all these delicious restaurants into just 10 days… although, we’d like to see you try!
Participating Family-Friendly Restaurants
For kids: Order from the dedicated kids’ menu
5001 25th Avenue Northeast, Seattle
For kids: Order from the dedicated kid’s menus
Anthony’s Homeport, Kirkland Location
135 Lake Street South, Kirkland
Anthony’s Homeport, Shilshole Location
6135 Seaview Avenue Northwest, Seattle
Anthony’s Pier 66
Seattle downtown waterfront
2201 Alaskan Way, Seattle
For kids: Order from the dedicated kids’ menu or get them to try the lobster mac n’ cheese!
Green Lake Location
7900 East Green Lake Drive North, Seattle
102 Lakeside Avenue, Seattle
For kids: Order from their dedicated all-vegetarian kids’ menu
Madison Park Neighborhood
2901 East Madison Street, Seattle
For kids: Order the Oodles of Noodles from the sides menu… and don’t forget one of their amazing desserts!
2001 Fourth Avenue, Seattle
For kids: Order from their small plates on the bar menu
West Seattle Neighborhood
4725 42nd Avenue Southwest, Seattle
Hard Rock Café
For kids: Order from the super fun dedicated kids’ menu
116 Pike Street, Seattle
For kids: Order from the extensive dedicated kids’ menu… we highly suggest the mac n’ cheese here!
1933 Fifth Avenue, Seattle
Mondello Ristorante Italiano
For kids: Order the gnocchi or ask for every kid’s favorite… some of their yummy noodles with butter
2435 33rd Avenue West, Seattle
Purple Café and Wine Bar
For kids: Order from their amazing kids menu and don’t forget a milk flight for the kids to go along with mom and dad’s wine flight! (Note: Purple Café locations on the Eastside only for Seattle Restaurant Week)
323 Parkplace Center, Kirkland
14459 Woodinville-Redmond Road Northeast, Woodinville
430 106th Avenue Northeast, Bellevue
For kids: Order from their seafood based kids’ menu – especially the fish n’ chips. Please note, this is the Ray’s location that is in the upstairs portion of the restaurant for more casual dining
6049 Seaview Avenue Northwest, Seattle
Salty’s Seafood Restaurants
For kids: Order from their kid-friendly menu or from their list of dedicated children’s meals
Alki Beach Location, West Seattle Neighborhood
1936 Harbor Avenue Southwest, Seattle
Redondo Beach Location
28201 Redondo Beach Drive South, Des Moines, Wa
For kids: Order from their dedicated kids’ menu that even features some German specialties (and root beer floats!)
3321 West McGraw Street, Seattle
Where are you planning on dining out for Seattle Restaurant Week? Are you taking your kiddos along or are any of these restaurants a favorite for your family? Share with us in the comments section below!
— Katie Kavulla