Grand Opening Celebration: Bamboo Forest Reserve
when: May 4, 2013 at 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
where: Phinney Ridge, Woodland Park Zoo, 601 North 59th Street, Seattle, Wa
cost: Free with admission
Celebrate the debut of Phase One of the Bamboo Forest Reserve exhibit complex at Woodland Park Zoo! Visit squealing Asian small-clawed otters, a tropical aviary and kid’s nature play area, all bringing to life the sounds, smells and sights of the Asian tropical forest.
Opening Day activities include:
- Visit the new Asian small-clawed otters, tropical aviary and kids’ nature play area
- Don’t miss your chance to see the new sloth bear cubs!
- Get your photo taken with an otter mascot
- Free otter stickers
- Keeper talks
- Purchase a kid’s meal at the Rain Forest Food Pavilion and get a free Otter Pop!
- Turn your hand into otter art with Handimals, or get a caricature of yourself as an otter zookeeper
- Crafts and bouncy houses for the kids
- Live music by Johnny Bregar
- Performance, games and giveaways from Radio Disney
Be the first to RSVP