Those bundles of joy may be cute, but they sure are tiring. As you put them down for a nap, you fantasize about a break. A quick massage. A relaxing bath. A much-needed facial. But by the time you catch up on the laundry and dishes, they’re awake, and it’s not an option. Or is it? The Spa at Four Seasons knows that Seattle parents need pampering too, and that’s why they’ve created a brand-new Pampered Parents spa package—a trio of head to toe treatments. If this sounds like something you could use (like right now!), read on.
A Sanctuary in the City
Located just a stone’s throw away from Pike Place Market, inside the beautiful Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, is where you will find The Spa at Four Seasons. When you enter this sanctuary in the city, you will immediately notice its soothing design elements. From its gorgeous décor, to its calm nature music and menu of signature treatments, this spa has found a way to bring Puget Sound’s natural beauty indoors, making it a day spa experience like no other in downtown Seattle.
Let the Pampering Begin
Once you’ve had a chance to settle into the Relaxation Room and enjoy a complimentary beverage and snack (think: tea infused water, hot tea, bottled water, fruit, homemade energy bars), it’s time to begin your first of three treatments, the Northwest Scrub Bar. During this ah-mazing 50-minute treatment, you will have the opportunity to choose from The Spa’s collection of seasonal scrubs and indulge in an invigorating full body exfoliation (Psst…some scrubs are less abrasive than others, and you’ll have an opportunity to try them before you begin.) After you’ve been scrubbed from head, er, neck to toe, you will then begin the second phase of the treatment which includes a hot shower followed by a deeply hydrating cream that will leave your skin feeling soft, silky and oh-so glowing.
If you’re thinking the Pampered Parents package already sounds like pure bliss, get ready to go to a whole new level with the package’s second and third treatments. During treatment two, you will have the opportunity to experience The Spa’s popular Evergreen Organic Facial. This completely customized Eminence Organic facial is carefully curated from a blend of natural, organic and Biodynamic ingredients which will leave your skin looking and feeling better than it’s ever felt before. (Trust us!) Finally, what day of head to toe pampering would be complete without an indulgent and relaxing massage treatment. The Medley, your third and final treatment in the Pampered Parents package, will integrate Swedish and Deep Tissue styles for the ultimate massage combination. The best part? Your therapist will work closely with you to make sure every part of your body leaves The Spa in its most relaxed state possible. What parent doesn’t want to hear that?
Be Sure to Experience the Eucalyptus Steam Room & Locker Room Amenities
After you’ve had a chance to hydrate (and enjoy your complimentary Mimosa or beer) in your final stop in the Relaxation Room, be sure to take advantage of the Eucalyptus Steam Room and sauna. Both are located in the locker rooms and will give you one last chance to melt those sleepless nights away. When you’re finally ready to face reality again, the locker rooms are fully stocked with everything you need (think: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shave gel, mouth wash, lotion, disposable razors, hair brushes, hair dryers). The Spa also has complimentary lockers of various sizes along with robes and slippers to use during your visit.
photo: Kristina Moy
Good to Know:
1. Each of the three treatments in the Pampered Parents spa package is 50 minutes long—giving you 10 minutes in between each appointment to grab a beverage or snack in the Relaxation Room and enjoy a chilled lemongrass towel (which we highly recommend!).
2. The cost of the Pampered Parents spa package is $360, which represents a 20 percent savings, and is good through October 13, 2018.
3. A complimentary mimosa or a glass of beer is included in the package and can be enjoyed after your final treatment. If you’d like to purchase items from the hotel’s restaurant, a menu can be found in the Relaxation Room.
4. Complimentary valet parking is offered with all spa appointments. When you are ready to leave the hotel, just have a spa attendant call down to the valet about 15 minutes before you are ready.
5. Upon entering the hotel, head to the front desk to retrieve your elevator key that will take you to The Spa on the third floor.
6. Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before your appointment — you’ll want time to change, enjoy a steam and unwind in the Relaxation Room before your treatments.
7. To book a Pampered Parents spa appointment, call The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle directly or request a reservation online.
The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
99 Union St.
Seattle, WA 98101
Spa Hours: Tues.-Sun., 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
Locker Room Hours: Mon.-Sun., 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
All photos courtesy of the The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle unless otherwise noted. This appointment was paid for by The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, but all opinions expressed here belong to the writer.