Chicken salad in the slow cooker? This recipe from The Dinner Mom is so genius we wish we’d thought of it ourselves. It’ll be delicious when freshly made, and works well as a packed lunch, too.
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
Salt and pepper to taste
8 ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon tarragon dried
1/4 cup Greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream
1 cup diced celery
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup cranberries (leave out for very low-carb version)
1. Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
3. Sprinkle tarragon over the top of the chicken.
4. Cut cream cheese into cubes and place on top of chicken.
5. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for about 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
6. Open slow cooker and shred chicken with two forks, mixing in melted cream cheese.
7. Remove chicken base to serving dish.
8. Stir in sour cream, celery, almonds and cranberries.
9. We used a 1/4 cup scoop like this to serve. Enjoy!