Cinnamon Mexican Wedding cookies or Snow Ball cookies as they’re commonly called are delectable, easy to make (yes, it’s true!), and are truly a staple of the holiday season. While some cookie recipes are too complicated for little fingers, this one will easily get the kids involved in every simple step. Give the cookies as a gift to teachers, friends, or loved ones, but be warned that one bite into these mouth-watering powdery treats and you’ll want to keep the whole batch to yourself.
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Raw Walnuts
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1/4 Cup Confectioners’ Sugar, plus additional for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the walnuts in a food processor and ground for 30 seconds.
3. Place the ground walnuts, flour and cinnamon in a bowl and combine.
4. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a standing mixer (or bowl using a hand mixer) and cream for 3-4 minutes.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until combined.
6. Using a mini ice cream scoop or a spoon (about 2 tablespoons), scoop out the dough and place on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve.