Let’s face it: life in San Diego is pretty sunny and simple. But being a San Diego mom isn’t always about simplicity – just look inside our purses and diaper bags where you’ll find everything from hand wipes to Zoo passes. We peeked in a few hundred bags and came up with this list of what moms in America’s Finest City typically tote.
1. Sunblock. Living in sunny San Diego means constantly applying sunblock. We slather it on in the morning and then reapply during the day. Natural sunblock (with the least amount of chemicals) is on the minds – and in the purses – of all San Diego moms.
2. Recycled Wallet. We all know recycling is important. Little ones learn about it in school, and you BYOB (bring your own bag) to the grocery store. Every small thing helps Mother Earth. So it’s only natural your wallet is also of the recycled variety.
4. Small Toys. Having crayons and toys makes the wait at the doctor’s office or on the 5 Freeway shorter and sweeter.
photo: Dylan’s World via Flickr
5. San Diego County Fair Ticket Stub. Still walking around with your San Diego County Fair ticket stub in your purse? We thought so! Wristband days, cotton candy and super slides — it’s a San Diego summer tradition.
6. Coffee Cards. Staying quick on our feet and full of energy is important when chasing little beach-goers around. Whether your frequent flyer card is the Starbucks app or Cafe Motto, we bet a Java pass is in your wallet.
7. Your Smartphone. Okay, this one isn’t just in the purses of SoCal moms. But we’d be willing to bet that one of these essential San Diego apps are on your iPhone or Android.
8. The Basics. Probably found in most mom’s handbags: instant stain remover stick, pen and pencil, baby wipes and a healthy snack.
9. Balboa Park Passport. Whether you’re a museum goer or a frequent flyer at the miniature train, the Balboa Park passport is burning a hole in most wallets.
10. Sand. You wouldn’t be in San Diego if the beach wasn’t somewhere in your purse. That San Diego sand seems to make its way into our cars, houses and, yes our totes, too!
What are the must-haves in your tote? Tell us in the Comments below!